Something for everyone!
The challenge is aimed at eMountain bikers from different age and performance classes and promises plenty of fun for every competitor with an even wider choice of routes. The eMTB Challenge offers impressive versatility. Participants must cover around 35 kilometres and negotiate an altitude differential of about 1,000 metres. Riding technique and orientation are both important skills, as are fitness and intelligent battery management.
The stages, which offer a mix of uphill and downhill sections, are ridden against the clock without any prior practise. In the transfer stages, the emphasis is on good orientation rather than just speed. Various orientation points have to be found along the route – missing one will earn the biker a 10-second time penalty. The rider with the fastest overall time is the winner!
- Sunday, August 16th, 2020 - 10 a.m.
- Start & Finish: Verbier
- 35km long - 1000m uphill
- Timed uphill and downhill stages for advanced riders
- Loops for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced bikers
- Prizegiving ceremony in Verbier
- Full day loop including food supply
- From CHF 35 –.
- Optional bike rental CHF 35 –.
- Mandatory helmet (not provided)
⚠ Gloves, knee pads and elbow guards are recommended!